Track 6 – Internet of Things (IoT)
Attendees will get an overview covering all the issues that together compose an IoT (Internet of Things) system, including a WSN (Wireless Sensor Network). Students will team up to work on finding a problem to solve, analyze it, design a solution and use the issues covered on the workshop to deploy a real IoT solution on the field.
- ICT professionals interested on IoT.
- Researchers and scientists that want to apply IoT technologies on their fields.
- Software developers that want to learn about IoT.
- Professionals working with constrained hardware platforms with embedded software.
- Basic knowledge of computer networks and electronics.
- Basic knowledge of Linux/Unix systems.
- Basic knowledge of programming.
- Marco Zennaro ICTP
- Luis García
Topics to be covered
The following topics will be covered both in theory and practice:
- Introduction to IoT, what is it, and what is it useful for
- Wireless communications on IoT.
- Platforms to be used for the IoT.
- Types of sensors and their use.
- Sending data to cloud-based plataforms.